Conquering Shergarh | A journey towards self exploration.
Conquering Shergarh - شير گڑھ
Of pushing boundaries & escaping comfort zones.
We live in a day and age where we're completely surrounded by things built to provide us comfort & utility by making our lives easier but it comes at a price! the price we pay is dependability, getting too comfortable, running after material desires & ultimately losing touch with our natural self which in turn also makes us take things for granted. This experience has been designed to liberate ourselves from all that, to push through our boundaries & to reconnect, to unwind & to conquer one ownself.
Shergarh, (Citadel of Lions) is the highest citadel of the Ranikot fort. Though its location at 1480 feet above the sea level makes this fortress a unique structure, it also makes it equally difficult to hike. The steep climb up to Shergarh gives a commanding view down over the whole fort and its entrance and exit points. On a clear day, one can even see Indus River, 37 kilometers away to the east. This is where we will be residing for the night!
Centuries-old Ranikot Fort is also known as The Great Wall of Pakistan and is believed to be the world's largest fort. The fort's ramparts have been compared to the Great Wall of China. There's also a freshwater spring that we will be visiting and is known as Parion-ja-tar that gives life to the region
A detailed walkthrough of the experience to help you understand what you're signing up for:
15th February, Saturday:
06:30 AM: Early morning departure from Karachi.
08:00 AM: We take a stop on the highway at a roadside restaurant to have breakfast.
09:00 AM: Back en route.
11:00 AM: Sleepy, bored & wondering why did you even sign up for this? - we'll get you to open up.
(Introductory chat session en route.)
12:30 PM: Arrival at Sann gate - we will be entering the fort through one of the 4 gates of the fort known as Sann gate - shortstop for photography.
We reach the main fort, Meri Kot Fort - Explore this fort which once served as the palace of the Talpurs residing it.
01:30 PM: Lunch at Merikot Fort.
02:30 PM: Start of Trekking towards Shergarh - An average fit person is generally able to reach the fort in 90-120 minutes on an average - It's challenging, but that's the whole point.
Arrival at Shergarh, Voila!
We pitch our tents & indulge in liberating activities for the mind & the soul (will be shared with registered participants only)
Dinner & stay on top of the world!
16th February, Sunday:
08:00 AM: After having breakfast we trek downwards - Expect 2 hours of trekking today!
Visit of Pariyon j tar - beautiful freshwater ponds & a stream that gives life to the region - You can take a refreshing dip!
11:30 AM: Back at Merikot.
12:00 PM: Departure from Merikot, Ranikot.
03:00 PM: Stop at Super Madina, Hyderabad - Have tea, snacks or light lunch, on your own.
05:00-05:30 PM: Arrival at Karachi.
Some basic deviation in the itinerary is normal.
Please note that some basic trekking experience is required. It's not mandatory, however, the trip requires pushing through your physical boundaries so be prepared.
Trip Includes - What to look for when booking:
✓ AC transport. (We have Japanese grade Toyota Hiace or Coasters in our fleet.)
✓ Meals as mentioned in the plan. (All you can eat, there's no limitation to the serving size of the meals.)
✓ Camps on a sharing basis. (Clean and high-quality camps for a comfortable experience.)
✓ Campfire. (A camping trip would be incomplete without it.)
✓ Services of a tour manager. (Well educated, informed and experienced tour guides - our managers are trained to have an objective & professional approach.)
✓ Basic first aid kit. (Proper first aid kit is kept & nearest hospitals are pre-known in case of an unforeseen emergency.)
✓ Activities at Shegarh (The activities are designed to help you step out of your comfort zone)
All-inclusive package: 7,975/- per person.
Bring your own car: 6,475/- per person - only a few slots.
Limited slots are available for this experience.
You may book your slots by clicking here & following the payment procedure.
Ge in touch with our travel experts in case of any queries:
Terms and Conditions:
• Every member must keep his/her CNIC.
• Members should report 30 mins before departure time.
• Member must behave ethically with his/her fellow group members, otherwise, Rover Pakistan can cancel his/her trip at any time.
• Boys only groups are subject to basic scrutiny at the time of registration
• Rover Pakistan is not responsible for personal injuries and accidents.
• Camps are assigned on a 3 person sharing basis.
• Rover Pakistan is not responsible for the loss of any kind of valuable item.
• No refunds shall be made in case a member leaves the trip during the event.
• No refunds shall be made in case of a natural disaster or any unforeseen circumstance beyond human control including but not limited to rains, storms, land sliding, accident, flat tires, engine failure or other vehicle mal-function e.t.c.
• In the case of a promo code - only a single type of discount is applicable.
• For people bringing their own car, the plan will not be compromised in case their car breaks down or God forbid they are involved in an accident.
• Rover Pakistan can cancel the booking at any time.
• Rover Pakistan can change terms and conditions at any time without prior notice.
• Personal weapons/drugs are strictly prohibited.
- 50% Refund if Cancellation at least 15 Days Before the Event
- 30% Refund if Cancellation at least 10 Days Before the Event
- 0% Refund if Cancellation Less than 10 Days Before Event
Note: The trip is not suitable for people who are not traveling enthusiasts. The participants would have to adjust to the adventurous nature of the trip accordingly.